The purpose of the SWA PTO is to enhance and support the educational experience at Southern Wake Academy, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging family involvement, and to improve the environment at Southern Wake Academy through volunteer and financial support.
2022 - 2023 PTO Meetings
All meetings are held in the SWA multipurpose room, unless otherwise noted, from 6:30p. Each attendee will earn 1 Parent volunteer hour.
Who is the Southern Wake Academy PTO?
YOU! If you have a student at Southern Wake Academy consider yourself a part of our Parent Teacher Organization! PTO consists of four elected board members, SWA teachers, SWA staff, families, and students.
We Need You!
• By becoming an active PTO member, you demonstrate to your student that importance you place on education.
• PTO functions provide the opportunities to meet other parents and to get to know teachers and faculty.
• By volunteering with the PTO, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use, and for a great cause.
• PTO is a forum to exchange ideas; attend the PTO meetings to make suggestions and provide input.
• By getting involved you can be part of the solution, helping to make a positive impact on your school.
Here at Southern Wake Academy, we value and truly appreciate ALL of our parent volunteers. Each volunteer plays an intricate role in making our school the amazing place it is. We are all family here at SWA and our students have and will continue to benefit from the wonderful opportunities our volunteers have enabled us to offer our students. Each SWA Family is asked to volunteer a total of 36 hours per household.
2022 - 2023 PTO Board
Rhonda Mitchell & Mariluz Grote