2020-2021 PTO Meetings
All meetings are held in the SWA multipurpose room, unless otherwise noted, from 7pm to 8pm. Each attendee will earn 1 Parent volunteer hour.
September 17 (virtual)
October 22 (virtual)
November 19 (virtual)
December 17 (virtual)
January 21 (virtual)
February 18 (virtual)
March 18 (virtual)
April 15 (virtual)
May 13 (virtual)
2020-2021 PTO Sponsored Events
The purpose of the SWA PTO is to enhance and support the educational experience at Southern Wake Academy, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging family involvement, and to improve the environment at Southern Wake Academy through volunteer and financial support. Southern Wake Academy is a tuition-free, North Carolina public charter school.
Who is the SWA PTO?
YOU! If you have a student at Southern Wake Academy consider yourself a part of our Parent Teacher Organization! PTO consists of four elected board members, SWA teachers, SWA staff, families, and students.
We Need You:
The SWA PTO can only reach its full potential with the help of parents, friends, and families. We encourage each of you to become part of our team.
The number one reason to actively participate in the PTO is to benefit our students and staff, but there are many more advantages:
- By becoming an active PTO member, you demonstrate to your student the importance you place on education.
- PTO functions provide the opportunities to meet other parents and to get to know teachers and faculty.
- By volunteering with the PTO, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use, and for a great cause.
- PTO is a forum to exchanging ideas; attend the PTO meetings to make suggestions and provide input.
- By getting involved you can be part of the solution, helping to make a positive impact on your school.
2020-2021 PTO Board
President: Tiffani Davis
Vice President: Kenyetta Vance
Treasurer: Kristy Roberts
Secretary: Pam Paulsen
When you shop at smile.amazon.com:
- Same prices and selection
- No cost to you
- Use your current Amazon account OR create a free account with an email and password
- AmazonSmile eligible purchases will be noted on the product detail page
To sign up:
- Go to www.smile.amazon.com
- Enter your amazon username and password
- Search for "Southern Wake Academy PTO"
- Shop amazon.smile to donate 0/5% of your eligible purchases to SWA PTO
Participating brands are starting to change their packaging showing a traditional Box Tops clip to the new Box Tops label promoting a new way of earning Box Top cash! If you see any Box Top label, use the Box Tops app to scan your receipt within 14 days of purchase. Each Box Tops item is still worth 10¢ for your school, but several bonus opportunities are found on the app. The app finds the purchased participating products and instantly add cash to your school’s earnings online. An account is required, but if privacy is a concern you can cross through your name and credit card information or fold your receipt to hide it. Only the store name, date/time and items are required for credit.
For more information visit BTFE.com.
SWA PTO Bylaws