Southern Wake Academy P.A.C.E Program
Southern Wake Academy P..A.C.E students will have the opportunity to work in a cohort with the SWA core academic teachers. Students may still pursue elective choices and extracurricular activities offered at SWA. The smaller learning community will challenge students to pursue excellence in academic course work and leadership skills. Students will be introduced to problem-solving, critical thinking, and inquiry based learning.
P.A.C.E PLACEMENT CRITERIA
All of the following criteria are used to determine eligibility. Specific questions can be directed toward our SWA Middle School Counselor, the AIG Coordinator, or Administration.
- Student’s previously identified as Academically Gifted in Reading &/or Math
- Student’s with a minimum grade of 95 in their previous 5th Grade Math and ELA classes AND
- Scores of Level 4 or 5 on 5th grade Math and Reading EOGs
CRITERIA FOR REMAINING IN P.A.C.E PROGRAM
- Maintain an average greater than 85 in all honors courses AND
- Scores of Level 4 or 5 on their current EOGs in Math and Reading