Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are NOW open in Lotterease!
(Please scroll down for Lottery Night information)
Please click here to register for the Southern Wake Academy Lottery and fill out a student application.
- Create an account with your name (parent/guardian)
- Register for the lottery
- Register your child
- Pick the Lottery Name (grade and correct school year)
- If there are siblings to enter, select “Add Sibling” on left side menu and repeat steps 3 & 4 (If accepting the Surname option, enter the Primary Surname applicant last.)
SWA Application Process
Our online application for the Lottery will be available beginning December 1, 2020 through 12:00 noon on February 25, 2021. The Lottery will be held on Thursday, February 25, 2021. Applications submitted following the Lottery will receive an automatic numerical placement on the wait-list for the grade to which applied. The number of slots available per grade will be set at 1 until such time that we determine the number of returning students and siblings. Once those numbers are established, closer to the lottery date, the number of available slots will be published.
Be sure to select the correct grade that your child will enter for the 2020-2021 school year. Grade selections may not be changed once a student has been selected in the lottery or from the wait-list. Only 1 (one) application per student is allowed. Multiple applications for the same student will result in disqualification and removal from the Lottery.
Lotterease Surname Option: The Surname option is based on the Charter School Lottery Laws of North Carolina. By default, the parent setting is set to 'Accept,' but parents may choose to 'Decline.'
- If the parent ACCEPTS the Surname option, then only one application, the primary surname application, is entered into a school lottery per surname sibling type chosen. In this case, even though the parent may enter several surname siblings into a lottery, the last application that is submitted will be the primary surname application and will be the only one visible in the list of applications before a lottery is run. However, the parent will still see all sibling applications in their account. They can change which application is the primary surname application before the lottery is run. When the lottery is run, if the primary surname application is selected for admission, then the secondary surname applications will be given preference in the lottery. (Meaning they will move to the top of the waitlist.) On the other hand, if the primary surname application is waitlisted when the lottery is run, then the secondary surname applications will be placed at the bottom of the waitlist. After the lottery is run, surname siblings have the ranking of the Application Preference Group ‘Applicant Siblings’.
- If the parent DECLINES the Surname option prior to the running of the lottery, then the surname siblings in that family are entered into their prospective lottery as Single Applicants.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- The Southern Wake Academy Lottery will be held on Thursday, February 25, 2021.
- Lotterease will send results to the email submitted in the parent registration.
- Each applicant will receive an email from Southern_Wake_Academy@Lotterease.com with their personal lottery results, indicating whether the student has been selected or their numerical position on the waitlist.
If your student is SELECTED in the lottery, you will have a limited time to CONFIRM your student’s attendance in Lotterease. You will then receive an “Attendance Confirmed” email with further instructions, including a link for your student’s ENROLLMENT PACKET and the time frame in which it is to be submitted.
- PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE for checking email updates from Lotterease and responding within the given time frame.
2021-2022 Southern Wake Academy Lottery Night
Thursday, February 25, 2021
AVAILABLE 2021-2022 ENROLLMENT SLOTS
Grade 6: 106 slots
Grade 7: 5 slots
Grade 8: 11 slots
Grade 9: 22 slots
Grade 10: 10 slots
Grade 11: 27 slots
Grade 12: 0 slots
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25
In order to maintain the greatest safety for all during the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Southern Wake Academy 2021-2022 Lottery will be held VIRTUALLY. A link will be provided on the day of the lottery for those who would like to tune in. However, all applicants WILL receive an email*, sent to the email address submitted in the Lotterease parent registration. The email will contain of the following: (1) If your student is SELECTED, you will receive an "Applicant Selected" email. (2) If your student is NOT SELECTED, you will receive an "Applicant Waitlisted" email that will provide your student's numerical placement on the waitlist for their grade.
We recommend that all applicants review the "What to Expect" section above.
Please read your email carefully and follow all instructions.
*All entrants will receive an email with their student's lottery results. The email will come from Southern_Wake_Academy@Lotterease.com.
*PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE for checking email updates from Lotterease and responding within the given time frame.
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will open in Lotterease on December 1, 2020.
What is the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness? When you see the Seal on a school website, you can be confident that your application will be included in the school lottery in a fair and transparent way.
That is because Lotterease is an independent automated lottery system that the school uses to manage their lottery and waitlist. Since Lotterease is an independent system, the school staff do not have the ability to manipulate or adjust the lottery outcome. They must work within the requirements of the system. In addition, all activity that takes place with your application is tracked in a history log that you can view at any time by logging into the parent portal.
If the school you want your child to attend displays the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness, you can rest assured that you child will get their fair chance to attend the school.
Southern Wake Academy (SWA) admits students without regard to race, sex, disabilities, color, religion, or national or ethnic origin. All students who live in North Carolina are eligible to apply for admission. Families provide transportation for SWA students.